Another month, another check in with the resolutions. How are you guys doing with your New Year resolutions? If you've kept them since the year began, they should feel like a habit by now, right?
Anyway, moving on to the order of the day: award tinz :)
Big shout out to my girls Angel's beauty and Toinlicious for giving me the Liebster award. E pa tewo fun won (clap for them). They deserve it for not asking me questions that are suitable for a standardized exam *looking at you, Ms Tizzle*
As part of the fun, I am to:
1. Thank and link back to the giver.
2. Answer the giver’s questions.
3. Nominate five other blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
4. Ask five questions for one’s nominees to answer.
5. Post it on your blog.
Starting with Aunty Toinlicious' questions:
1) What makes you happy and what are you passionate about?
Freedom makes me happy. I get excited when I don't have anything important to do and I can spend my time as I wish. Hmm... what am I passionate about... let's see...hmmmm...art, Nigeria, Africa, equality, the Redskins, .
2) Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
So 5 years ago was 2008, and 2008 was one of my most fulfilling years. I don't remember ever being extremely upset.
3) What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I'm not sure.
4) If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Do you! Do you! Do you! Don't be afraid to be yourself.
5) Would you break the law to save a loved one?
I guess it depends on the law. For example, if it is a law that violates human rights such as Nigeria's anti-gay laws then I'd gladly break the law to save my loved one.
Aunty Angel's beauty's questions:
1. How are you? and no, fine, is not a sufficient answer. Literally, how are you today (today being the day you decide to answer my questions which I hope would be soon!)
I'm tired and a bit worried about the lingering pain in my right knee and my left hip.
2. Who is your favourite author and which of his/her books would you recommend – I am really getting into reading and willing to try new authors so I am forcing you to recommend a book to me.
My favorite book of all time is Girl with the Dragon tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I also like Gillian Flynn's Gone girl; Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love; Paulo Coehlo's Warrior of the light-- I feel renewed whenever I read it. I'm looking forward to reading Manuscripts found in Accra based on the excerpts I've read on his blog. I usually read one Elin Hilderbrand book every summer.
3. If you could change professions now, with no consequences, what you would change to and why?
I'd go to art school and then become an artist because I enjoy painting. It relieves my stress.
4. This is a random question (not like the others aren’t) but oh well – Do you think it right or wrong to route for the main character of a movie that is a bad guy… e.g. in the show Homeland, Agent Brody is clearly the main character a double agent and a bad murderer… however, I find myself hoping he doesn’t get caught when he is killing someone.. i feel bad! LOL so yes.. tell me, is it bad or good?
Funny question. I guess it depends. I'm not going to lie though, I will be upset, if I see you rooting for a rapist.
5. What is your favourite meal of the day and why?
I like breakfast and lunch. Don't know why.
Naija mum in London (whenever you come back).
1). What advice would you give your 25 year old self?
2). What do you wish you had known before you got married?
3). If you could get married again, would you marry the same person or at the same age?
4). What values would you not compromise?